Monday, May 3, 2010

everything starts somewhere.

in the most simple glance
in a kiss
in a silent embrace with noisy butterflies filling your stomach
in a promise
in a wish
in a prayer whispered to a soft pillow right before a dream
in a dandelion
in the wind chasing the waves
in the palms of hands
at the end of fingertips
in silence
in clouds
in tears
in joy
in fear

in a womb holding a tiny soul, whom I already love so much
(this is where we begin,in our own very tiny moments,
where no one can hear me but you, feeling my breathing,
my heart beating for you, my arms waiting for you,
these tears making the contours of my own face seem unfamiliar,
no longer my own, only for you.)

I am building you a nest full of
love
and promises
and sunshine
and dandelions
and kisses
and tears
and grandmas
and clouds
and words
and flowers

and dreams
(because that is where you started)

No comments:

Post a Comment